City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
27 days ago
In the Business Consulting team you will primarily seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company finance functions. Support organisations at all stages of the transformation journey from designing the change required, to delivering and managing that change and providing assurance around change initiatives.
My client is a successful International Consultancy with a large UK presence who offers a number of financial and advisory services to large and fast growing clients.
This department is experiencing rapid growth and is working with genuinely exciting fast growing clients and advising them through larger Finance Transformation projects.
Your clients will range from FTSE 100 global companies to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors (retail, property management, financial services, energy, manufacturing and more) throughout the UK.
In addition to private sector clients you will also work with some public sector bodies, professional associations and charities.
My client is looking for both junior managers looking for take a step up and more experienced managers looking for a new challenge.
- Engagement Delivery
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing projects (small to medium size) on time and within budget.
- Responsible for assisting Senior Managers and Partners in planning and executing large scale projects.
- Responsible for managing and coaching junior project resource
- Develop and build client relationships alongside the managing Partner or Director.
- Business Development - Work with Partners, Senior Managers and other managers to identify, scope and propose on business development opportunities. As well as actively take ownership of certain initiatives.
- Risk Management - Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm's risk management policies and operational procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- People Management - Support and coach junior consulting resources in client and practice delivery. Undertake line management duties as appropriate.
- Practice Management - Contribution to the development of new initiatives and alternative approaches to solving client problems. Developing new go to market service offerings and new methodologies and project accelerators.
- Consulting experience in finance transformation, essential.
- Previous business process re-engineering / improvement experience, either as an external consultant or in industry - essential.
- Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent, essential.
- Qualified - (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or relevant Masters-level studies (e.g. MBA), desirable.
- Recognised process improvement qualification e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2 - desirable.
- Willingness to develop skills in the other core consulting areas detailed above - essential.
- Previous experience in managing the delivery of jobs and small teams.
- Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills.
- Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
- Personal projection and confidence.
- Setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development
This position offers the security of working for a well-known brand but also the excitement and autonomy of being in an entrepreneurial department with a high profile client base.
This consultancy is also dedicated to supporting and developing its employees, helping you to create a role that works for your lifestyle.
As a client they take a progressive approach towards flexible and part time working to create a both dynamic and happy culture.