|Job Title:||Business Advisor|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£23000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Louise O'Donoghue|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2018 17:45|
As a Business Advisor you will work competently and independently to support a team in the timely delivery of services. You will be responsible for preparing accounts from source records under supervision accounts (management accounts and statutory accounts), for a variety of clients including limited companies, medical practices, trusts and charities.
Top Ten international accounting practice with a strong Midlands presence.
As part of this role you will also be expected to interpret financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients as well as identify business opportunities and develop the ability to introduce other services to our client base.
* Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
* Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
* Prepare VAT returns
* Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules and prepare monthly management accounts for review
* Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS
* Perform pentana checker and have a detailed understanding of the disclosures required
* Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
* Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
* Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
* Ability to identify opportunities for other services
* AAT qualified or equivalent
* Might have started studying ACCA or equivalent experience
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
* Knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks) and Caseware
Competitive package and fantastic progression opportunities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Business Advisor - Guildford
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + bens
£25000 - £35000 per annum
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Advisor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum