Become an ICAEW Professional Level Examiner (Moderator)
|Job Title:||Become an ICAEW Professional Level Examiner (Moderator)|
|Location:||City of London|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 16:02|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Business Planning:Taxation team as a moderator, within the ACA qualification.
Main responsibility of the Moderator is to act as the quality controller for the Business Planning:Taxation exam to ensure that the exams are consistent with the syllabus and across exam sittings. This will normally involve:
- meeting with the Examiner(s) at least once during the setting process of each exam
- working the exam and ensure that the questions, suggested answers and markplan are complete and appropriate
- arranging for a Technical Moderator to work the final draft of the exam
- close involvement in the quality control of the marking process and script reviews
- ensure that ethical issues are covered in relevant modules or exams
- attendance at ICAEW Tutor conference
- reviewing ICAEW learning materials.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in Tax together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
- it would be desirable that the applicant is an ICAEW member
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
by Friday 22 March 2019
Interviews will be held in Chartered Accountants Hall, Moorgate, London EC2R 6EA and are likely to be on 29 March 2019.
We will let you know by Tuesday 26 March 2019 , if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Using your personal information
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
The above information will be used to include you in the selection process for taking part in Examiner selection. This information may be shared with other members of ICAEW staff and relevant members of the Assessment Committee.
For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW
City of London
ACA Prospects: What's Next?
City of London
Free to attend
Performance Support Coach (Accountancy & Tax)
Risk Consulting Senior Manager/Associate Director