Become an ICAEW Professional Level Examiner
|Job Title:||Become an ICAEW Professional Level Examiner|
|Location:||City of London|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 16:05|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Tax Compliance team within the ACA qualification.
Examiners work according to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- work with other exam team members on the setting of exam papers and mark schemes according to fixed timetables
- attend specific meetings, including exam review boards, liaison meetings with tutors and firms, and training and development activities
- manage the marking of examination papers
- prepare commentaries and mark schemes for publication
- recruit and select markers
- review ICAEW learning materials.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in Taxation together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
by 15 March 2019.
Interviews will be held in Chartered Accountants Hall, Moorgate, London EC2R 6EA and are likely to be on 22 March 2019.
We will let you know by, Tuesday 19 March 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Using your personal information
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
The above information will be used to include you in the selection process for taking part in Examiner selection. This information may be shared with other members of ICAEW staff and relevant members of the Assessment Committee.
For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW
City of London
ACA Prospects: What's Next?
City of London
Free to attend
Performance Support Coach (Accountancy & Tax)
Risk Consulting Senior Manager/Associate Director