AVP - Financial Planning & Analysis
|Job Title:||AVP - Financial Planning & Analysis|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus|
|Start Date:||dependent on notice period|
|Contact Name:||Ian McGill|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 14:09|
A large bank I'm recruiting for are looking to bring in someone at the AVP level to their Financial Planning & Analysis team within the Investment Banking business.
The ideal candidate they are looking for is somebody who has post qualification experience in an FP&A role within Financial Services. If you have had relevant experience in finacial projections and modelling that is desirable.
This is a really interesting team to join as you will be providing business profitability analysis and drivers of performance to key senior stakeholders within the business. Please see further details of the role below:
Overall purpose of role
Support and execute the business planning process. Providing support and challenge in the development of financial plans, providing detailed analysis of the changes in forecast performance, as well as risks and opportunities. Delivery of major team deliverables to International stakeholders, Executives and Group colleagues around the corporate plan. Ensure timely and accurate delivery, and provide insight and analysis whilst summarising key issues for debate.
The Planning & Stress Testing AVP analyses & communicates key drivers of the business plans, providing highly effective performance management information and support on key business decisions through detailed and insightful analysis. Additionally, the role holder leverages planning knowledge & shared processes, alongside strong stakeholder relationships to support on internal and regulatory stress tests.
In particular, the role holder will:
- Support and determine Business financial strategy, ensuring integration and alignment to Group performance guidelines
- Provide insightful analysis around key business drivers, key metrics such as ROTE and one off items versus underlying drivers of income generation, and qualitative and quantitative variance analysis of performance vs prior year and previous plans
- Develop multi-year financial plans, short term plans, rolling forecasts and scenario analyses to advance the business mission and strategic priorities, including support on stress tests.
- Support and coordinate the plan development process, managing stakeholders and ensuring both internal and Group deadlines are met, making certain financial plan data in systems correctly reflects the approved plans, using MS Excel and Oracle Hyperion Planning
- Liaise with finance teams to assist co-ordination of the annual budget and Medium term budget, internal stress test and external stress tests
- Support validation process, document review and necessary data validation
- Take responsibility for controls, ensuring adherence to the FP&A controls framework for all planning purposes
- Seek constant improvements in order to develop, maintain, and operate an integrated, consistent, flexible and up to date planning process and tools
- Support finance change projects
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Strong stakeholder management is required to ensure all relevant parties involved in planning processes are kept up to date of timelines, requirements, risks, and key decision items, to ensure delivery of the highest quality within the agreed timeframes.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The AVP regularly consults with budget owners on elements of the business plan, including new product initiatives, pricing strategies, cost/volume/profit analysis, and funding source identification. The role holder provides support and analysis on a range of technical issues in connection with the financial plan, eg cost-income variance/trend analysis, composition of net interest margin and tangible equity and returns calculations.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to acquire skills quickly to interrogate systems
- Attention to detail and high accuracy
- Desire to learn and develop
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, as well as coordinate the collation of information from a wide variety of sources to challenging deadlines
- Good communication skills, particularly the ability to summarise large amounts of data and present in a concise and readily understood format. Including the ability to communicate complex financial analysis to non-financial people
- Professional accountancy qualification, or equivalent relevant experience e.g. CIMA, ACA
- Financial services background, with relevant financial planning & analysis experience, post qualification.
- Strong in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience
- Relevant experience in managing financial consolidation processes
- Familiarity with accounting systems - e.g. Oracle Hyperion Planning
- Relevant experience in finance change projects
- Relevant experience in financial projections and modelling; experience in data extraction, import, and analysis
- Good understanding of business processes and activities and the underlying income and cost drivers
- Understanding of the Group strategy
- Understanding of business strategic objectives.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager - Financial Decisions and Analysis CoE - London
Shipley, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits
Group Financial Controller
bonus and benefits
Financial Reporting Accountant
£40000 - £50000 per annum