£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + bens and flexible hours
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit Senior job - Independent Practice - Surrey - Friendly Culture - Work life balance.
Your new company
My client, a 4 Partner Firm in the heart of Surrey, only 30 minutes from London Waterloo, has come to me with a new role. Due to expansion, an opportunity for a qualified Audit Senior has arisen.
This Firm, offers a friendly and collaborative working environment, encouraging work life balance and career opportunities. They deliver an exceptional level of service to their clients, offering advisory work, building trust and long lasting relationships.
Your new role
You will be working closely with the Audit Manager, and will
- Plan and execute audit assignments and ensure all assigned audit engagements are completed successfully.
- Use risk and control concepts to identify potential issues and risk
- Report and present findings to either the Audit Manager or Audit Partner, offering solutions and ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in developing audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Use information gathered during audit to prepare trust and corporate tax computations.
- Perform accounts consolidation for group entities and relevant workings.
- Lead teams and supervise juniors on audit and complete jobs with minimal supervision to deadlines and within budget
- Build relationships with clients and related third parties
- Ensure you give adequate focus on your professional growth, relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with your career progression plan, proactively seeking relevant education and training opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified with a couple of years experience of working in a UK Practice with a good understanding of UK GAAP and FRS102. You will have the ability to recognise when key theoretical concepts should be applied and have a solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts. You will have an analytical approach to work, being able to test controls and system walkthroughs. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You will have a positive, can-do attitude.
What you'll get in return
Your salary will be dependant on experience. My client will contribute 3% towards your pension if you also contribute 3%. You will receive two times life Insurance for you first two years of employment which will rise to four times afterwards. Subsidised gym membership up to 50% is also on offer.
My client also offers flexible hours and promote work life balance as part of their inherent culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.