market rate salary
21 days ago
The individual would be assigned to work within the Film & TV Team and report to managers and partners within that team. The individual will predominantly audit film, television and video games companies.
Our clients include all of the major Hollywood studios, as well as many independent film and television production companies in the US and UK. We also work with many other entities ancillary to film and television production, such as film financiers, post production houses and other service providers. We also act for the major video games publishers and developers.
Aside from the typical audit/accountancy work you might expect, the more specialist work you would be involved in would be as follows:
- Preparation and audit of British film certifications
- Preparation of production expenditure analyses for inclusion in tax returns
- Preparation and audit of production cost reports for both individual productions and co-productions
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports
- Preparation of business plans and financial models to reflect varied businesses and opportunities within the film and television industries
- Preparation of valuations for film titles, film libraries, income streams and other intellectual property
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Have a strong audit and accounting background.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
Education and Experience
Applicants will normally have been successful in the education system to 2.1 degree level. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector. Good / first time pass rates in the professional exams (ACA/ACCA) would also be expected.
The individual would be assigned to work predominantly within the Film & TV Team and report to managers and partners within that team.
Away from production, the Film and TV team provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice to financiers, distributors, studios and companies in the post-production sector along with advice on employment tax issues and tax planning opportunities.