Audit Senior Associate (Pensions)
|Job Title:||Audit Senior Associate (Pensions)|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £47000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lorraine Twist|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2018 16:23|
Provide audit and assurance services to prestigious pension schemes sponsored by companies across various sectors and master trusts, many of whom are household names.
My client is currently looking to recruit an external audit senior associate within the London office of their Pension Fund's team. They provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to prestigious pension schemes sponsored by companies across various sectors and master trusts, many of whom are household names
In addition to audit, the role will involve working on assurance projects which includes governance and risk reviews and reporting on internal controls under the assurance framework AAF 01/06 and AAF02/07.
- Undertaking statutory audits in an audit senior role being involved in all stages of the audit from planning, to onsite fieldwork and completion.
- Show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- Review and assist in the preparation of client accounts
- Adhere to deadlines and keep the manager/partner informed of progress at all times.
- Take responsibility for own work, prioritising as necessary
- Keep technically up to date.
- Willingness to undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Knowledge and experience of pension fund sector and Pensions SORP is an advantage, although not essential
- Need good communications skills both internally and externally.
- Will also be required to communicate with all members of the team and other departments in the firm.
Excellent career opportunity for an auditor looking to get exposure to a financial services client base, and to widen their skill set to more advisory assignments. As a growing team there is opportunity to progress, alternatively if your long term aspirations sit within financial services this is an excellent spring board.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's