|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2018 16:22|
Public Sector Audit Senior required for Top 10 firm, based either Essex, Hertfordshire or Norfolk.
Top 10 firm is seeking an experienced Audit Senior to work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit. You will work directly with the firm's clients under manager supervision.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients' premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS/CIPFA/ACCA Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of International Auditing Standards (IAS), IFRS, UK GAAP
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Public sector external audit experience (Local Government, NHS, Central Government, Charities) Number of clients based in Hertfordshire, Essex and Norfolk. Therefore, clients will allocated based on the staff location
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's