35000 - 45000
12 days ago
We are an ambitious and growing firm of Chartered Accountants and Professional Business advisers, with offices in both London and Surrey. An opportunity is now available to join the firm as an Audit Senior. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years previous experience within a UK accountancy practice.
You will provide complete and efficient delivery to the audit department management team and principals. This is a mixed role that will include overseeing and undertaking audits and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises.
Our sociable and friendly, yet professional working environment together with a range of industries and client size, will provide you with the foundations for an exceptional career.
- Carrying out accounting processes and controls to ensure the accurate production of information and document work performed to ensure appropriate audit trails are maintained.
- Providing guidance and ensuring appropriate accounting practices are adopted in the production of financial information.
- Providing technical expertise to design technical solutions.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for limited companies.
- Preparation of partnerships and sole traders accounts.
- Prepare and file annual returns and PSC confirmation statement to Companies House.
- Supervising and assisting where necessary a team of junior members of staff.
- Liaison with clients and HMRC.
- Dependent on experience, managing a portfolio of clients.
- Maintaining and developing client relationships, both written communication and conducting face to face meetings.
- Other ad hoc duties in line with business requirements.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant holding an ACA or ACCA qualification;
- Have a minimum of 3 years previous experience within a UK accountancy practice;
- Practice experience in the delivery of external audit and accounting services with exposure to a range of clients in both size and sector;
- Able to provide an outstanding and professional service to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value;
- Experience of the following computer programmes is beneficial but not essential: ProAudit, Sage Accounts Production Advanced, Sage Line 50, Xero;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships, and use own initiative;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- An adaptable and sociable personality with the ability to confidently communicate at all levels, with clients and colleagues.