£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit Senior or Audit Semi-Senior job with Accountancy firm in Royston.
Hays are recruiting an Audit Senior or Semi-Senior for a highly respected accountancy firm in Royston.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading on-site audits for SME's under the supervision of the Audit Manager/Audit Partners
- Accounts preparation for companies, charities, pension schemes and corporation tax computations for incorporated businesses for review by managers or partners.
- Responsible for day to day communication with clients, including answering queries
- Assist the audit manager with the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments
- Travel to clients across the region
- Management and delivery of assignments
- Planning assignments, including budgeting and analytical review
- Producing work for manger and partner review which requires little input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
- Delivering information to clients in a timely manner
- Display an understanding of client's businesses and their key risks.
- Display an in-depth industry knowledge and commercial applicability
- Supervising, training, delegating and reviewing work of junior team members
- Ability to work within fee budgets and control recoverability
- Assisting with client cash flows and business plans where necessary.
- Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional development with a view to progressing in the practice
Education and Work Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in auditing working in a multi partner accountancy practice
- Proficient at Microsoft office especially Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages e.g. IRIS, Xero, Sage, QuickBooks etc
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Study support if required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.