Belfast, County Antrim
12 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit Manager position | Part-Time options
Do you enjoy Audit but you are sick of travelling to client sites, long hours and being heavily involved in the Audit operation directly? This is a brand new and unique opportunity for a technically strong Audit specialist to maintain their progression path, whilst enjoying a work-life balance and a zero travel arrangement
Your new company
A global professional services firm with a leading Audit & Assurance team. A firm who strive to be the out and out professional services leader.
Your new role
You play a pivotal role in a high calibre and highly thought of team who remotely manage external audits and independent risk reviews. You will support the client engagement teams across the UK with the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients across multiple industry sectors or specialise is you prefer. This team are at the heart of of the firm and play a very strategic role in its continued success. You will review, check and challenge audits, giving expert advice and guidance to the on the ground teams and instil absolute confidence in the firm's client base.
- Managing key audit relationships across the firm's international corporate business client base
- Leading Audit teams - office based (Belfast)
- Testing and discussing controls and procedures with clients and report evidence
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider Audit practice, supporting them in delivering a 'Distinctive' client experience by collating insights and considering their communication throughout the wider firm
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical Audit background and have Audit experience in Practice at Assistant Manager / Manager level. This role is perfectly suited to a Assistant Audit Manager who would like to progress to manager level or a recently promoted Audit manager who would like improved conditions.
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) along with a thorough knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Standards on Auditing and a sound understanding of risk management
- An ability to constructively challenge and demonstrate discretion
- Initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- An eye for detail, effective interpersonal skills and a healthy professional skepticism
My client is not only hoping to talk to people in Audit only roles, but also individuals who are currently in a mixed role from a mid-tier or smaller practice setting.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a competitive salary, the facility to join a high performing culture, an excellent team environment and a dramatically improved work-life balance. My client is very open to flexible working, reduced hours or PT working - they are committed to aligning with your personal circumstances. This role is perfectly suited to a technically strong Audit specialist who has had a 'been there and done that' attitude towards travel, working on client sites, long working hours and dealing with the pressure of a high level audit portfolio.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.