|Job Title:||Audit Manager|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Contact Name:||Mark Downey|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2018 11:18|
Audit Manager with REAL progression prospects
Are you an ambitious Audit Manager who would like a quick and clear path to Senior Manager level? Maybe you feel that your progression to SM is out of your control?
Your new company
A global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. My client's Assurance / Audit Practice is on a major growth platform and is in the position to offer a a very dynamic, stimulating and rewarding career opportunity.
Your new role
- Manage client relationships/expectations and develop client portfolio.
- Develop relations with existing clients in order to gather feedback on the quality of work delivered and to gain ideas for improvement of services delivered.
- Effectively manage audit teams and actively coach and develop team members
- Active involvement in the recruitment of staff
- Plan and manage own performance and development
- Develop technical expertise -both functional and industry
Responsible for planning and managing assignments for compliance with all technical requirements including:
- Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues.
- Reviewing and approving for partner's signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm's interest in the client's business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
Responsible for handling various assignments concurrently, including:
Pre-Audit / other project:
- Preparation of audit project proposals, budgets, negotiations over fee and contract terms.
- Monitoring audit progress including compliance with budgets and deadline.
- Ensuring that audit work is being allocated to team members on a level commensurate with their past experience
- Review of audit work papers and reporting to the relevant partner / director.
- Adequate fee recovery, variance analysis, billing procedures and pursuing overdue accounts.
- Arrangement of closing meeting including preparation of support for agenda.
- Controlling preparation of final version accounts and reports.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience, including at least one in a role as an audit manager or with equivalent experience. You will have excellent technical skills and experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & "new" UK GAAP. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, have experience working with Large / Multi-National clients and have a proven track record of high performance.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a very high calibre team who are experiencing substantial growth. You will enjoy excellent progression prospects, have a clear understanding of what is required to achieve this and be able to take control of your own career progression. You will manage and take ownership of a very impressive client portfolio but at the same time work with a high level of autonomy whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance which is made possible due to effective planning and work-load allocation. You will be joining a very inclusive and social team who have a strong track record in attracting the top talent and rewarding them accordingly.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + excellent bens
Brighton, East Sussex
£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bens