ICAEW - AM
15 days ago
Sobell Rhodes LLP
'No way! I thought all Accountants were boring’. . . if this is the response you normally get when you tell people what you do, you sound like one of us.
You would be joining an 8 Partner, 50 strong flexible working bunch and a handful of office fish. The job role is working alongside 2 other ambitious Audit Managers going full steam ahead with their careers, as a practice we are continuing to grow and there are more than enough opportunities for everyone to progress.
"I have been promoted twice in 2 years!"- Audit Director
Because you have been working in audit for a few years, we don’t need to list your day to day duties! As well as managing a client portfolio you would be supporting the development of the more junior audit team members, 7 in total. Some are still juggling work and study (remember those days) and the others are ambitious qualified seniors, all of them looking for another technically strong manager to guide them and learn from.
On your criteria list for your next job move alongside 'career progression’, you may have 'better communication'and 'improve work life balance/work from home more often'. . . if so, this job ad is just about to get even better.
You would play a key part in the Monday morning 'awesome' meetings which take place with either Harry Potter, Alfred Hitchcock or Audrey Hepburn (these are the names of our meeting rooms, we are so close to Elstree Studio it would have been rude not to). You wouldn’t just be responsible for planning time and overseeing workflow, you would be using your extensive audit & accounting experience to offer guidance regarding time management, working with clients, communicating findings, making recommendations to clients etc.
Work life balance and working from home aren’t just phrases that get thrown around in the Elstree office, we encourage it and have a shiny Gold Status award from Investors in People to prove it!
"The work life balance is great, it gives me flexibility with childcare, especially during the summer holidays"-Audit Director
The client portfolio you would manage will include some of the 70 audits the team undertake, your previous experience will be taken into account and where your knowledge would be best utilised. Client sectors range from charities, solicitors, and retailers to hospitality sector, international subsidiaries, and a FMCG Group with a GTO of over £30million. Your portfolio will likely be tailored to your strengths!
Your team will be playing close attention, learning from you as you hold closing meetings, make your recommendations, raise bills, negotiate fees, provide tangible value to clients, oversee corporate tax returns, produce final audit files and annual accounts to a high standard. Developing your team is crucial to the firm's future success and this is something we are very proud of and have been recognised for.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Being ACA or ACCA qualified- RI status would be a massive bonus, but we can support you to get this if you don’t have it already
- Ambition- we are looking for a future leader and would really like to speak to you if you are at Manager level now and still hungry for progression
- Experience of managing Audits- bit of an obvious one, but being a smaller practice someone with proven audit management experience gained within a practice environment is crucial
- Accounts & Tax experience- around 30% of your time will be spent reviewing/producing final accounts and overseeing corporation tax submissions. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas
- IT skills- in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, Quickbooks, CCH and Digita here too
- Strong Technical skills- up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards
- Communication skills- not just the ability to delegate work, motivate a team, deliver feedback on work and put professional emails together. We also need you to be able to listen too, to feedback on yourself in 360 reviews, any client concerns or queries as well as information from Partners
- Commercial acumen- what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities
- A driving licence and access to a car- due to our location and where our audits are (all relatively local, apart from one in Wales) having a driving licence and access to a car is pretty essential
What you need to know about us:
- 8 Partners, 50+ staff
- Based in Elstree
- Flexible working and working from home
- Award winning training and development
- IIP Gold employer
- London salary
- Fruity Monday’s
- Pizza Friday’s
- Discounted gym membership
- Great benefits
- Fancy dress Fridays (not really its dress down, just checking you are still reading)
Hit apply now, send us your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
But what if you are interested but don’t have a CV ready to go? Not a problem contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment).
Please note our recruiter is on holiday from 6th - 13th July so there may be a delay if your application is around this time.
This piece of recruitment for Sobell Rhodes LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.