50000 - 65000
16 days ago
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented Audit Manager for our Audit team in our Leatherhead office in leafy Surrey. The successful candidate will be required to manage a modest portfolio of audit clients who have turnover up to £50M. The candidate will have to work with several partners and directors as well as the wider managerial team within the office. This is a key role within a strong team and there is the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop into a partner of the future.
As well as being able to prepare and review completed audit files for a large variety of clients to a high standard, the ideal candidate would be a good communicator and be able to deal confidently and effectively with both clients and staff alike. They should be able to cope with jobs where the records are not straight forward, and should be able to work within deadlines and budgets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of a good portfolio of clients for whom Menzies will provide a number of services which will need to be overseen by the assistant manager.
- Be responsible for the following services: statutory audits; accounts preparation; general advisory.
- Manage all stages of the audit process, including initial budgeting, planning, fieldwork, completion and sign off.
- Plan, prepare and schedule audits and the necessary staffing required from the pool of audit of audit seniors and juniors.
- Complete jobs with minimal supervision, meeting internal and external deadlines, working to agreed budgets.
- Deliver recommendations to clients, based on the findings of the audits managed.
- Be capable of running client meetings with more senior members of the team present.
- Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors as required.
- Liaise with staff from other service lines as required, including VAT, payroll, corporate tax.
- Liaise with other team members to enable the provision of strategic and tax planning advice.
- Manage work in progress and monthly billing, as well as at times assisting with debt collection.
- Informally mentor the audit seniors and juniors, providing specific feedback on each job to the relevant team members.
- Be prepared to take part in marketing initiatives, including attending local events on behalf of Menzies.
- Represent Menzies to a high, professional standard.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accountancy practice.
- Experience of substantive and systems/controls testing, as well as consolidations, group audits and the preparation of statutory accounts and associated disclosures.
- It is not essential to have previous assistant managerial experience, however the candidate will have to demonstrate that they understand what the role entails and are capable of demonstrating that they can undertake the key responsibilities.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit Manager then apply online ASAP.