Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
3 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit Manager job in Bury St Edmunds.
Hays is seeking an Audit Manager to join its client, a well-established and highly regarded audit team based in Bury St Edmunds.
Their client portfolio includes large corporate businesses and not for profit entities. They act for a number of East Anglia's most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally. This means they can offer you exposure to a broad and mixed portfolio of work. This is a role with huge impact and real scope to further develop your existing management and accounting skills as well as your external profile. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Corporate Services Group in Bury St Edmunds, and holding a client portfolio across their offices. In addition, you will be expected to participate in all stages of an audit from planning through to fieldwork and finalisation of the assignment for Partner review. As a senior member of the team, reporting directly to Partners, you will manage both a team of auditors alongside multiple engagements simultaneously whilst also taking a lead on client contact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the Bury St Edmunds Corporate Services Group: training, mentoring and developing team members
- Reviewing assignments and working papers, providing constructive feedback to team members
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients, to involve communicating engagement progress, problems, financial information and other business concerns
- Participating in networking and building client relationships
- Taking responsibility for achieving engagement profitability - billings and collections
- Supporting the partners with business development activities, client tender processes
- Supporting team members and clients, at times across multiple offices, in a role that has a requirement for flexible working hours including additional hours when required
Skills and Experience required include;
- ICAEW/ACCA qualified or QBE, with a significant level of recent UK practice experience relevant to audit.
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate accounting and audit matters (eg UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS) coupled with a proven ability to act as a technical resource and point of first reference for other team members.
- Good all-round knowledge of audit and accounting software packages. Familiarity with CCH software would be advantageous. Competent MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience of leading audit teams including training, mentoring, and supervising staff in their day to day work.
- Proven background in effectively managing a client portfolio. Competent WIP management and capable of achieving billing targets.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your career within a prestigious team. The firm offers an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. They have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for a complete job specification.