£60,000 + private medical insurance and pension
7 days ago
ICAEW is a world leader of the accountancy and finance profession.
ICAEW’s Professional Conduct Department (“PCD”) plays an important disciplinary role in the monitoring of the work of ICAEW members and in helping to maintain the reputation of the profession. PCD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of accountants and lawyers who assess, conciliate, investigate and where necessary report complaints to the Investigation and Disciplinary Committees.
Fielding complaints about our members, you will provide focussed timely analysis of facts obtained through face to face meetings and concise correspondence with members, firms and complainants. You will establish whether there is a prima facie case to answer and then using your knowledge conduct an investigation into the matter which may then, with the assistance of our legal team, go to an investigation or disciplinary committee.
This role requires:
- Strong recent experience in practice at either Senior Manager or Manager level
- Excellent technical expertise in audit within a broad portfolio of industries
- Experience of managing a large volume of casework
- The ability to write compelling but concise reports in plain English
- The ability to deal with sometimes difficult and emotional members and complainants.
- Strong collaboration with the team and the ability to build relationships across Professional Standards and ICAEW as a whole
- Hold a professional accounting qualification
In return we offer the opportunity to work for a friendly, leading-edge team in a truly innovative and forward thinking culture
Home working may also be considered for this role.