|Job Title:||Audit Associate|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £27000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Noad|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2018 12:22|
Audit Associate - National Accountancy Practice - St Albans - Up to £27,000 plus professional study support
Your new company
A new Audit Associate position has arisen within this National Accountancy firm in St Albans, Hertfordshire, due to growth in client work. This opportunity will provide the successful applicant with a diverse career, and working with a premier client base across the region.
The firm will offer an Audit Associate a collaborative, stylish and comfortable work space to develop, progress and thrive in.
Your new role
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- gaining exposure to all elements of an audit, inclusive but not limited to, risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing and substantive testing.
- applying your knowledge of accounts to check, read and add up sets of data accurately and completely.
- working with an array of dynamic, vibrant and growing businesses, enabling you to gain exposure to a range of different industries and markets.
- discussing relevant audit issues with your senior colleagues and with personnel at clients' premises, bringing a new and creative perspective to their key concerns and how changes in regulation may affect them.
- creating a positive impression with the client, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and dealing with any communications in a timely and professional manner.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will:
- be studying towards the ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- have a working knowledge of key accounting/audit reporting standards.
- you'll have experience of the audit process.
- you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- you should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop junior colleagues in the future.
What you'll get in return
- Salary between £22,000 - £27,000
- Professional study support towards ACCA or ACA.
- Access to the occupational pension scheme.
- Flexible benefits package covering life assurance, income protection, holiday allowance, private medical/dental, and other ad hoc salary sacrifice choices.
- Discounts on gym membership and mortgage advisory services.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's