16 days ago
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within the Private Equity Group. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Private Equity audit team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from the largest buy-out private equity houses to niche funds with specific industry, asset or geographical focus. Many of the businesses our PE clients back will be familiar to you as household names.
The strength of our PE sector knowledge is a key component of our successful department. We continue to grow because we are PE specialists and our clients recognise the value we bring on topics such as investment valuations, developing industry trends and the regulatory environment.
We deliver services to both fund and management entities across our client base. Our clients invest globally and operate across jurisdictions and we mirror these arrangements with close relationships and shared working practices across the wider international Private Equity Group.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of PEG clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and both statutory and non-statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
- Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- You may also have the opportunity to work on audit tenders or audit related advisory projects
- Monitors and upholds the highest quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
- Demonstrates strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Shows initiative, resilience and is able to multitask in a pressurised environment
- Has the ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary - Communicates confidently and professionally with senior levels of management and off shore teams
- Has a desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment - Works with a collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam) in 2017
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or top-tier firm is required
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Some experience auditing PEG clients is preferable
- Recent, practical knowledge of IFRS is preferable