11 days ago
KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
KPMG has been working with companies in the south east for more than 30 years now offering a wide range of audit, tax and advisory services across growing markets in the surrounding areas of Kent, Sussex and Surrey. Our dedicated team of approximately 150 professionals in Gatwick offer businesses of all sizes across the region market leading experience and insight. We provide expert support across disciplines such as growth, workforce, operational excellence, technology and digital transformation. Like our clients, we’re always looking to the future and investing in our capabilities.
The audit department is led by 1 Partner and 3 Directors made up of approximately 60 staff working in conjunction with other services including tax, restructuring, pensions and management consulting.
The team provide audit services across a range of sectors as part of a diverse client base which means that there are opportunities to diversity your portfolio as well as specialise. Our clients include a FTSE listed photo booth operator, software company, FTSE 250 software company, retail & distribution companies, large charities, housing associations, and a variety of other middle market clients across a range of industries including a construction and development group, a sports car dealership, and a global aerospace and defence company.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS. Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. Coaches less experienced staff
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential.
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a large firm with exposure to large / complex corporate clients.
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Practical knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP is ideal