Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services- Bristol
|Job Title:||Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services- Bristol|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 09:57|
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of Financial Services clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies.
Our Cardiff office is next to the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay and has glorious views across the bay with parking facilities available for the use of staff. As a smaller office, it mixes the benefits of working for a Global Organisation with a small office feel, with staff working closely with each other across all departments.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals. Our top performers are often encouraged to pursue internal secondments and international assignments to broaden their skills set. You may also have the opportunity to be involved in project based work across the firm.
We are looking for qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Cardiff or Bristol Office. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier FS clients.
You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and carrying out audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Keeping managers and partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or international equivalent. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year will also be considered.
- You are required to have ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Recent and significant external audit experience is essential including practical experience in an accountancy practise firm.
- Exposure to large Financial Services audits is preferred however not essential. We will also consider candidates with a genuine interest in moving into Financial Services with knowledge of developments within the Financial Sector.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP is ideal but not essential.
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's