Audit Assistant Manager- Cardiff
|Job Title:||Audit Assistant Manager- Cardiff|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 09:57|
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
The KPMG audit department in South West & Wales is split across three office locations: Bristol, Cardiff and Plymouth. Across the three, we service clients in a wide variety of industries in most Corporate, Financial Services and Public Sector sectors. Clients include; Renishaw plc, Unite Group plc, BBC, General Electric, Admiral plc, Barchester Healthcare and a number of Housing Associations.
The department is led by six Partners and four Directors and is supported by other services; including Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Pensions, Corporate Finance, Transactions Services and Restructuring. We have seen significant growth over the last four years and we are now looking to further grow the team. If you are a highly motivated newly qualified accountant with experience of leading audit teams on clients on a range of both IFRS and UK GAAP, then we’d like to hear from you. We are also able to provide US GAAP and SOX experience in role. Our staff are always flexible and are expected to work across the region to get the best possible experience and exposure.
Our newly opened Cardiff office is next to the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay and has glorious views across the Bay with parking facilities available for the use of staff. As a smaller office, it mixes the benefits of working for a Global Organisation with a small office feel, with staff working closely with each other across all departments.
We are looking for recently qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Cardiff office. As an assistant manager you will get to work with a wide range of corporate clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS. Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and approaching full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- People have always been our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's