16 days ago
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Asset Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UK. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the coming years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of AM clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
- Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- You may also have the opportunity to work on audit tenders or audit related advisory projects
- Monitors and upholds the highest quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Shows initiative, resilience and is able to multitask in a pressurised environment
- The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
- The ability to communicate with senior levels of management and off shore teams
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment
- Collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam) in 2017
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or top-tier firm is required
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Some experience auditing IM clients is required
- Recent, practical knowledge of IFRS is preferable
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.