Audit and Governance Manager
|Job Title:||Audit and Governance Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 19:00|
Working for one of the UK's largest providers of affordable housing and care and support services. Leading on the assurance, governance and risk frameworks in a newly created role.
Our client is one of the UK's leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services.
They own and manage nearly 38,000 homes, providing services to more than 71,000 customers across London, the East Midlands and the East of England, and have an ambitious development pipeline.
They deliver care and support to customers with a wide range of needs, specialising in services for older people and for people with mental health issues and learning disabilities.
They also deliver a wide range of shorter term services which provide customers with intensive support.
They are a member of the National Housing Federation and the g15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations and houses one in 10 Londoners
This is a newly created role which offers opportunity for great professional growth.
The Audit and Governance Manager is a wide-ranging role that will support the Head of Property Risk and Reporting to work towards a transparent system of internal checks and balances which will provide an assurance to the wider organisation and to customers that our compliance systems and processes are safe and robust.
The Audit and Governance Manager will be responsible for the ongoing implementation of a rolling programme of in-house audits.
These will encompass technical audits as well as data quality audits, stress-testing the robustness of any systems, processes, or work streams which are identified as areas of particular concern or interest.
The Audit and Governance Manager will support the implementation and smooth running of the governance structure within the Property Directorate.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation around compliance.
- A demonstrable understanding of good practice as it applies to audit and to using audit
results to implement change.
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of sound governance, risk management,
and information governance.
- Proven people management skills and confidence in dealing with both internal and external
- Sense of urgency / energy applied to all work and a proactive approach to identifying issues
or areas requiring challenge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of numeracy, literacy and ability to use IT systems and software and have
a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to self direct, manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to lone work or as part of a team. The role is mobile to an extent and will require
travel to Nottingham or Derby.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent working experience.
- Opportunity to progress
- Opportunity to develop a team
- Competitive Salary
- UK Travel
- Varied role; audit, governance and risk across finance, operations and systems
- Role with autonomy and room to develop the scope of the role
- Growing business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's