16 days ago
To help us with the delivery of high quality audit & accountancy client services in a rapidly developing, digital environment. Our clients range from SME’s through to international businesses and cover a variety of professions, including regulated sectors such as Academies & Schools, Solicitors etc. We are looking for someone with energy, ambition and a strong sense of commitment to join our firm and become a key part of our Bourne End team. As well as a competitive salary and benefits, we offer a development programme to help individuals maximise their potential and develop their career.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage client work comprising both audit & non-audit clients, liaising closely with the Partners and Managers concerned.
- Supervise work of junior team members, provide technical assistance, undertake post-assignment appraisals and assist Partners with feedback.
- Attend to the preparation of client financial statements ensuring compliance with prescribed legislation and standards.
- Liaise with other departments within the Bourne End office and across other Wilkins Kennedy locations to ensure the timely exchange of relevant, client information.
- Contribute to the provision of excellent client service by identifying efficiency-savings and maintaining effective client communication.
- Recognise opportunities for us to help our clients develop their businesses and maximise their potential.
- Identify opportunities for us to provide additional services and liaise with other Partner / Directors as appropriate.
- The potential to participate in promotional activities run by the firm.
- ACA or ACCA qualified / part qualified
- Up to date knowledge and experience of audit & accounting standards.
- Proven ability of helping to deliver cost-effective, efficient audits.
- Broad knowledge of business taxation.
- Good, all-round knowledge of Microsoft Office, audit software (Iris) and accounting packages.
- Professional and approachable manner with effective communication skills.
- Works well under time pressure and is used to meeting deadlines.
- Organised individual who understands the importance of delivering excellent client service in a cost-effective manner.
- Car driver with full, clean license