£Highly competitive package, career progression and continued study support
16 days ago
Sopher + Co
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients’ personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms. In return, we appreciate the need for a healthy work/life balance and well as family friendly benefits we can offer.
We’re expanding, which means we have an excellent opportunity for an Experienced Audit & Accounts Semi Senior who is looking to fast track to a senior role, or a newly qualified Audit & Accounts Senior who is looking to progress their career to a more technical or managerial level within the next 18 months+. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy-based service to support Businesses Owners and Entrepreneurs through the lifecycle of their business. If you’re a Part Qualified Accountant looking to gain a broad based commercial understanding across a diverse range of clients then we’d love to hear from you, particularly if you are seeking a supportive environment in which to complete your accountancy exams. The Audit & Accounts Semi Senior duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships
- Ensure compliance with external (regulatory) and internal (audit methodology and risk management) requirements
- Identify and understand client’s needs, providing initial solutions to client challenges and subsequently executing those
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Analysis of accounting data from client's books and records
- Leading Audit assignments
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings to assess client needs
- Helping with client queries
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at client’s premises covering any of the above areas
You will be at least ACCA/ACA part qualified with intermediate experience of working within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to progress into a client facing role. You will also have/be:
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally have worked with Sage, QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
We will offer you a highly competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.