19 days ago
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Our Corporates Audit business works with a range of companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100. We provide grant claims Assurance and ad hoc Agreed Upon Procedures (AUPs) to a number of our audit and non-audit clients within Corporates.
To support our objective of centralising grant claims Assurance and AUPs across Corporates Audit we are seeking an assistant manager to deliver these engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. The Assurance assistant manager will be report to a dedicated Assurance manager and be supported by a team of onshore juniors and our offshore grant claims team.
The role has some flexibility (both timing and location) based on arrangements to be agreed.
Areas of responsibility
Co-ordination / liaison with clients
- Maintain grants registers for all grant clients
- Liaise with clients on regular basis (to be agreed with each client) to ensure grants registers are complete and up to date
- Obtain the grant agreement and expected/estimated expenditure for the claim
- Obtain the transaction listing
- Obtain purchase order numbers from clients for invoicing
- Draft Engagement Letters (ELs) for known/current/ongoing grants
- Book time in Partner/Director’s diaries for timely sign of off ELs
- Prepare e-AudIT file (KPMG’s electronic audit file) at the start for each grant
- Oversee work performed by onshore and offshore juniors
- Help develop template e-AudIT files for different types of grant claims
- Review work performed by off-shore grant claim team
- Liaise with Assurance manager for file review and to clear queries
- Prepare final grant claim Assurance reports for manager review
- Ensure e-AudIT file is complete
- Arrange invoicing to clients for completed work
- Update grants register
- Maintain SAP and Sentinel (our Audit independence system) for grants work (at least updated annually)
- Co-ordinate with other grant claim managers within the UK to help build a grant claim centre of excellence
Areas of responsibility (other ad hoc Agreed Upon Procedure engagements)
- Preparation of engagement letters and other risk management documents, delivery of the test work with the client and KPMG team, reviewing the work performed by offshore team and liaising with the manager for their review and sign off.
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
- Experienced in preparing audit/Assurance working papers.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal and external).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
- Strong project management techniques including analytical skills, time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel and Word.