Associate Financial Analyst
|Job Title:||Associate Financial Analyst|
|Salary:||£45,675 + Civil Service Pension Scheme + Zones 1-6 London Oyster card|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2019 16:07|
The SSRO’s principal aim is to ensure that best value for money is obtained for the UK taxpayer in Ministry of Defence expenditure on qualifying defence contracts, and that single source suppliers are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts.
We are currently searching for an Associate Financial Analyst to join the Compliance team at the SSRO. The Associate Financial Analyst will provide essential financial support covering the analysis of finance and costing data relating to contracts and contributing to the exercise of statutory functions including giving opinions and determinations.
To meet this challenge, you must be a recently qualified accountant (CCAB, CIMA or equivalent). You will need to demonstrate a track record of working successfully in complex, dynamic environments, capable of working across disciplines and teams to help identify and resolve potential issues. You will have the ability to work in a pressurised environment and a proven track record of working on data related projects, on time, within budget and securely. Experience of working in an area such as audit, compliance or economic regulation is desirable. Additionally, experience in defence or contracting is beneficial.
What will I be doing?
- Evaluating and analysing Single Source Contract information with a focus on:
- Assessing compliance against statutory requirements
- Analysis and evaluation of costs and price and other contract data
- Assisting in the interpretation, application and development of the allowable costs, contract profit and reporting guidance.
- contributing to the SSRO’s annual compliance report.
- Working with the MOD and industry in evaluating and analysing Single Source Contract information – with a focus on ensuring that accurate financial information is captured in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that analytical findings and other knowledge is presented in a format that is understandable to non-finance colleagues working across the SSRO
- Ensuring governance procedures are in place and followed when collecting and capturing key contract data
- Providing analytical support for cross-disciplinary teams, on projects such as:
- reviewing and publishing statutory guidance issued by the SSRO; and
- the review of reporting requirements
- Presenting to SSRO colleagues, industry and the MOD, when required.
- Supporting the wider SSRO team in ensuring that contract information is maintained at a suitable level.
- Promoting the SSRO’s core values.
The ideal candidate would be a recently qualified accountant with analytical and accounting experience. Experience of working in audit, compliance or regulation would be desirable. Experience in defence (MOD or CAAS) or contracting would be beneficial.
- Recently qualified CCAB, CIMA or equivalent accountant.
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of using and understanding complex financial data. Based on evaluation of data, be able to identify any additional information required and propose further action
- Ability to present complex data in a clear and easy-to-understand format both written and oral presentations for a variety of audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Experience of working collaboratively and building relationships internally and externally, including with senior decision makers and key stakeholders, whilst maintaining credibility and professionalism
- A team player with good inter-personal and communication skills and with the ability to work well under pressure
- A pro-active nature, a flexible 'can do' attitude, and the tenacity to actively challenge the associated processes
- Delivering to deadlines
- A proficient user of MS Office packages particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Education to at least degree level
- Experience of working with complex costing systems.
- Experience of handling sensitive data (commercial, political or military)
- Experience of working in audit, compliance or a regulatory environment
- Experience of working in defence or contracting
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience
To be considered, please submit:
- your CV (no more than 2 sides of A4 paper). Your CV should clearly include:
- Accountancy body (bodies) of which you are a member, plus examination history. If you are part qualified, also include stages required to complete with estimated timescale
- Current salary and notice period
- a suitability statement clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification (no more than two sides of A4 paper). This should be based on the criteria outlined in this advert, giving relevant examples where possible.
Applications without a suitability statement will not be considered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£52000 - £57000 per annum
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£52000 - £56000 per annum + healthcare, optional international travel
£70000 - £75000 per annum