£50000 - £55000 per annum + + market-leading bonuses and benefits
9 days ago
Assistant Tax Manager, In-House
Leading Investment Bank/Asset Manager
£50-55,000 + market-leading bonuses & benefits
About the Business
This is a leading global independent investment banking advisory firm. The Investment Banking business advises its clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, financings, public offerings, private placements and other strategic transactions and also provides institutional investors with macro and fundamental equity research, sales and trading execution. The Investment Management business comprises wealth management, institutional asset management and private equity investing, with approximately AUM and revenue well into the billions.
The business services clients from offices all over the world, including from North America, Europe, South America and Asia. Since inception, the firm has advised on multiple trillions-worth in mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, and restructuring transactions. The business is a repeated top-performer/award winner of best investment banking and employee remuneration rankings.
Sitting in the finance team, headed up by the European CFO, this role will report directly into an experienced Head of Tax. The Tax team are small in number - consisting of an experienced Director, and an interim (who will be moving into a MTD/ERP contract role). With a flat structure and small tax team, the opportunity for upskilling and increased role breadth is vast. Culturally speaking, the team work hard, but are highly sociable and people-oriented, with highly invested company days out and team-building exercises, as reflected in the Glassdoor reviews.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production and analysis for tax compliance on an international scale, across EMEA and the Asia Pacific Group, to include:
Tax Risk Management
- Reviewing engagement letters to comply with Corporate Criminal Offence regulations
- Provide assistance with Country-by-Country reporting to the Parent for the EMEA and Asia Pacific entities
- Provide assistance on transfer pricing projects.
- Preparation of all working papers and tax packs for EMEA and Asia Pacific entities;
- Calculation of the quarterly instalment payments for the UK Group;
- Preparation of monthly current and deferred tax provisions and journals for all relevant legal entities; and
- Preparation of statutory tax notes under appropriate GAAP (including FRS102) for all UK entities.
- General advisory work on group projects on an ad hoc basis
- Assistance to the Head of Tax on partnership matters.
- Liaising with HMRC on tax compliance matters
The successful candidate
Qualifications & experience
- Holds CTA qualification, or nearing completion
- Relevant UK taxation experience, with international exposure preferred
- Exposure, demonstrable interest or experience to the financial services
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written & oral - able to engage at senior levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant tax legislations
- Excel, UK & US GAAP skills desirable
- Scrutinous problem-solving ability, attention to detail
- Team-oriented, eagerness to lock-in with collaborative tasks and social engagement
- Driven, professional and proactively focused on growth and development
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Proactivity, eagerness to take on new responsibilities and develop through learning
- Seeks with accountability and high-visibility within the team for indirect tax
The selection process
- Send your CV/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org to frame the initial discussion
- Initial conversation with recruitment representative, to cover interview preparations
- First-stage interview with EMEA Head of Tax
- Final stage interview with HR and CFO