Assistant Manager, Target Value Platform
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager, Target Value Platform|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Linton|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2018 15:37|
Assistant Manager, Target Value Platform
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £386m net revenues for Advisory, and comprises a range of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring and Transactions Services
The Target Value Platform (TVP) team sits within Deal Advisory, with a primary focus on Private Equity. The TVP team has developed a new innovative approach to providing Commercial, Operational and Value Creation services to both Private Equity and Corporate clients. The approach leverages both technology and the breadth of KPMG functional expertise across the firm.
TVP, a team of c.12 professionals, is now looking to further grown its Operational Due Dilligence (ODD) team by over 40 people. We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of our exciting growth story.
- Understand the TVP proposition and develop the ability to coherently communicate the value to both internal and external stakeholders (clients)
- Support Rapid Opportunity Diligence (ROD) engagements using TVP’s proprietary tool on both buy-side and sell-side opportunities
- Support client engagement teams on Value Creation, Operational Due Diligence and Performance Improvement assignments for both private equity and corporate clients, including defining scope, budget, staffing, problem formulation, hypotheses generation / validation etc.
- Work closely with TVP offshore teams to lead, monitor and drive progress on live engagements
- Responsible for drafting ‘near-final’ work products i.e. client reports, presentation of results or demonstration of TVP tool outputs
- Participate and contribute to any one key area of internal practice development (e.g. recruitment, knowledge management, marketing etc.) to further embed and develop the TVP team
- Experience in professional ‘advisory’ services either within a Big 4 firm, strategy firm, or as an ‘internal consultant’ within a corporate
- Operations Management experience within deals environment.
- Bachelor's degree qualification with a strong academic record. Other professional analytical or numerate qualification i.e. ACA, CFA, MBA or equivalent.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills across operations, technology, risk governance and organizational design
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid consulting situations
- Ability to operate at deal pace and work well within teams
- Ability to travel as and when required (less than 50%)
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Accountant *FMCG*
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Chichester, West Sussex
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Commercial Finance Analyst *media*
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Internal Auditor (12 month FTC)
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Financial Accountant *Media*
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits