Assistant Manager, Restructuring
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager, Restructuring|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Linton|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2018 16:16|
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Restructuring
Service Line Information
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG LLP's national restructuring practice has c480 staff in 25 offices around the UK. Over 75 of those work across the three Scottish offices.
We provide a number of service lines including:
- restructuring advice to companies who are under performing or experiencing liquidity problems
- recovery advice and assistance to insolvent companies, their creditors and other stakeholders
- turnaround support (such as cash management, cost reduction and working capital improvement)
- Pensions advisory
- Corporate simplification
The work extends to the full spectrum of sectors and business sizes from sole traders and partnerships, to small and medium sized entities through to large multinationals, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
Assistant Manager with Corporate Restructuring.
- Work as part of the Scottish Restructuring practice supporting senior staff on a range of insolvency assignments, from pre-appointment planning stages to closure
- Ensure that all assets are identified, ingathered, safeguarded and realised for maximum value
- Interact with the appointees, appointers, directors, creditors, employees and other relevant stakeholder
- Prepare correspondence, including emails, letters and reports, for third parties including directors, creditors and statutory bodies
- Investigate the conduct of directors and understand the reasons for insolvency
- Ensure that all statutory and KPMG best practice requirements are adhered to and compliance deadlines are achieved
- Perform general engagement administrative tasks (including preparing budgets, raising fee notes, preparation of meeting and file notes)
- Assist senior team members to deliver advisory projects including early options projects, accelerated business sale, investment and refinance, IBR (Independent Business Reviews), cash flow management and working capital
- Participate in business development events and proactively develop an internal and external network of contacts and work providers
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- have a demonstrable interest in insolvency and advisory remits
- be able to demonstrate sound commercial and financial awareness
- be able to apply common sense and strategic thinking on all business related issues
- possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to confidently and articulately deal with all parties (operational and financial, and at all levels) in what can be stressed situations
- have good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively and manage multiple assignments simultaneously whilst to ensuring that deadlines are met
- be able to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work and reports
- be committed, enthusiastic, proactive and conscientious in all aspects of your work.
- be able to work innovatively and ‘self start’, either individually or as part of a team
- consistently demonstrate a professional manner
- be willing to participate in business development
- be mobile, flexible and willing to work on remits across Scotland and from time to time, in other parts of the UK
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 4 Highers/equivalent including Maths and English (B grade minimum)
- 2.1 University degree
- CA or equivalent professional accountancy qualification
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's