£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
5 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit, Assistant Manager, Public Sector, Nottingham, £45,000 - £48,000p/a
Hays Senior Finance are partnering with a leading Accountancy Practice to recruit a number of Assistant Manager level roles to be based at their modern offices in Nottingham City Centre. These positions have been created to support a period of significant growth and a very large transformation programme within their Public Sector division. This is an exciting time join and there is a genuine career path through to Partner on offer.
- Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Providing on the job training to assistants and seniors.
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time with the budget.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Reviewing the work of seniors and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
- Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Qualified accountant - CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA (or equivalent) with some post qualification experience
- Experience of managing the delivery of external audit to public sector bodies
- Essential experience should include local government and NHS
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.