14 days ago
Crowe UK LLP
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
We're looking for an Audit Assistant Manager with a desire to gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high profile pension fund clients whilst developing key people-management skills in a supportive, yet progressive environment. You'll be joining a talented team committed to delivering best-in-class assurance services, adding value to the trustee governance of the schemes they manage, whilst honing your skills as a leader of the future.
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion
- Showing initiative and taking responsibility for the management of the audit and your team to ensure completion within the agreed budget
- Acting as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork
- Managing on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of your team
- Delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting Senior Audit Managers in project management and client liaison
- Alongside other Assistant Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients as a manager
- Carrying out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit timetable and providing insightful comments to report to the client
- Contributing to a continuous improvement ethos for the team
- Managing and lead assurance and risk management projects – liaising with clients and preparing client reports
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Post-qualified experience in audit within practice
- Good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- Ability to support and mentor team members
- An exceptional team player, juggling a number of clients with conflicting demands
- Effectively support audit senior managers to ensure work fulfils audit objectives and quality standards
- Technically strong with a good audit grounding, preferably encompassing Pension Schemes but if not, a willingness to learn
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return, we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.