RM9,200 - RM20,200 + benefits
AGM FCA GA / TM
6 days ago
Telekom Malaysia Berhad
Financial Reporting functions, accounting advisory, financial controls and transaction improvements
Candidate is responsible for overseeing the Financial Reporting functions, accounting advisory as well as process improvements for development of financial controls and transactional accounting across entities within the Group.
He or she is responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving a system of internal controls that will ensure that Group and company’s assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS), Companies Act (CA) 2016 and Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements. Implementation and compliance of new MFRSs across the Group is also be a key deliverable.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Complements existing functions already established in the organisation in respect to general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items).
2) Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
3) Serves as the Go To resource for all financial reporting and MFRS compliance questions inclusive of developing the necessary training program for continuous development program of Finance team members across the Group.
4) Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
5) Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This may entails a real-time review of each key revenue stream and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition under the requirement of MFRS 15. Involves due interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
6) Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies, CA 2016 and MFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
7) Leads the preparation of audited and consolidated Financial Statements of the Company and Group and provide the necessary training and support to build up and ensure sufficient competency in this area amongst subsidiaries in the Group.
8) Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and Bursa Malaysia reporting requirements.
9) Supervises the completion of tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes) and preparation of deferred taxation calculation across TM Group. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
10) Ensures that the computer and information reporting systems continue to operate as required. Involved in development of new financial systems and validating/designing suggested changes to existing ones to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
11) Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings. Being the main liaison for the Group in managing the external Auditors and their audit plan and program for the Group.
12) Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
13) Overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts of the Holding company in the Group as well as subsidiaries.