|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£95 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Downey|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2019 20:00|
Assistant Accountant position
Your new company
A very well renowned top-tier professional services firm
Your new role
As Assistant Accountant you will play an integral role within the Finance Team. Working with the Management Accountant you will have responsibility for preparing accounts and other duties central to the efficient running of the finance function.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts, completion of balance sheet reconciliations, and provision of analytical explanations where necessary
- Compilation of detailed and supplementary financial information using Microsoft office including Excel on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis, for circulation to the partners and rest of the firm as applicable.
- Working closely with the Management Accountant on detailed budgeting, forecasting and KPI reporting.
- Cash management and bank management; including bank lodgements, weekly bank reconciliations, analysing and processing credit cards, reconciliation of and posting cash to the Practice Management System (STAR), review of staff expenses, review and posting of petty cash.
- Working with the Partners / Job Managers to ensure adequate focus on the collection of debtors.
- Preparation and completion of quarterly VAT Returns and EC Sales List.
- Preparation of monthly salaries in Sage along with PAYE, payroll, pension submissions and payments
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Part-Qualified Accountant or a Qualified Accounting Technician or have extensive experience in a similar role.
You will have strong Excel skills to extract, manipulate, reconcile and present information. You will have excellent numerical skills and have the ability to work with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. You will be able to manage your own work-load and have an eye for process efficiency.
Experience in Practice would be desirable however not essential.
What you'll get in return
My client if offering a very competitive salary along with other useful benefits. You will be given the support and encouragement to continue or embark on professional qualifications. You will be joining a very high calibre and close-knit team of professionals and enjoy a vibrant working culture. Striking a healthy work-life balance will be easily achieved in this position and flexible working will be considered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits
£22 - £30000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
£25000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£24000 - £28000 per annum