|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£32000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Davies|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 16:56|
Assistant Accountant - Property Development. Our Client is a pan-European property development company who have offices in London and across other main cities in Europe. They are among the European market leaders in real estate. They are now looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their prestigious finance team.
The Role: The candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Uploading invoices to the DMS and maintaining the invoice register for UK domicile companies.
- Processing payments runs.
- Processing expense claims and business trip claims and assigning codes in line with internal rules.
- Performing bank reconciliations for all banks accounts.
- Recording invoices and preparing batches for posting.
- Resolving accounting queries with the creditors/utility suppliers and reconciling respective account statements.
- Assisting with VAT and CIS returns preparation for all entities.
- Maintaining bank files and collating data for compliance.
- Verifying items billed against items ordered and received and reconciling differences.
- Participating at monthly, quarterly and year end closings to ensure timely UK statutory and IFRS reporting in accordance with corporate deadlines.
- Ensuring that accounting practices comply with statutory requirements.
- Liaising with external auditors (annual audits and transaction audits).
The Person MUST have property/accounting experience and should be working towards their accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). The candidate must show an articulate understanding of UK tax and statutory accounting regulations as well as some knowledge of IFRS and CIS. The ideal candidate will be working for another property development or construction company. They are looking for someone who is 'hands on', highly detail orientated and is able to operate effectively and independently. This role is offering full study support and an opportunity to progress within the company.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's