Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£25000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Accounts Senior job in Bury St Edmunds. Must have practice experience. ACA/ACCA or AAT qualified
Hays are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join one of their clients, a small, friendly firm in Bury St Edmunds. The firm works with a wide variety of businesses including sole traders, partnerships, Limited Companies, Medical Professionals and Individuals which means you will be working on a broad portfolio of work.
- Drafting Accounts to FRS105 and FRS102 standard
- Preparing Corporation Tax Computations
- Personal tax returns
- Completion of VAT Returns for clients
- Assisting with Payroll queries
The successful person:
- AAT qualified
- Sound working knowledge of a variety of accounting packages including IRIS, Sage Accounts, FreeAgent, Xero, Quickbooks Online, and a good working knowledge of Excel & Word
- Previous experience within a UK accountancy practice
- Prior practical experience of drafting accounts from both manual and computerised records, producing and reporting on management accounts, completion of VAT returns
- A proven track record of working to deadlines and handling multiple priorities with a positive attitude to problem-solving and working in a small team.
- A vigilant approach to dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Confidence in dealing with clients by email, telephone and face to face.
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information