£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Bonus
12 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Accounts Manager / Practice Manager for a highly successful firm of Accountants in Brentwood, Essex.
My client is a boutique firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax and Business Advisers based Brentwood, Essex. Relatively young in age, the firm was set up in 2012 since then the firm has grown at an impressive speed had has experienced year on year growth of over 100% for the last 3 years.
My client is innovative in their approach and pride themselves on focusing on their clients and working together to achieve success. As the firm has grown they have acquired a broad range of SME clients based across London, Essex and Manchester.
Due to significant growth, the firm are looking to appoint a qualified Accounts Manager (ACA/ACCA) to join the firm. Reporting directly to the Partners, you will oversee a small team of junior staff while supporting the partners with ad-hoc projects, helping to grow and develop SME business across various sectors. This diverse role offers real scope to further develop your existing accounting skills as well as your external profile.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, limited companies, LLP's and partnerships
- Assist in the production of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of management accounts and management reports.
- Reviewing and finalising VAT returns.
- Preparation of first draft Corporation Tax computations.
- Liaising directly with clients on various matters.
- Assisting with training of junior members of staff and overseeing their responsibilities.
Candidates must be ACA / ACCA qualified with recent UK practice based experience within a similar level role. Candidates must also possess exceptional technical knowledge and advisory skills within Accounts and Taxation. You must have good teamwork skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team. As one of the main client facing contacts of the business you must have good communication skills and the ability to build rapport with both clients and colleagues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing firm of Accountants with a truly entrepreneurial mind set. You will work on jobs across a wide range of industry sectors and have the opportunity to gain a broad business exposure. Long term there is strong career progression and the opportunity to build and lead a team to work around you.
In return for your commitment you will be offered the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of £50,000 - £55,000
- Annual bonus
- Opportunity to buy in to the firm
- Private medical insurance
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
- 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
For more information about the organisation and role please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/f9-consulting or apply now with your up to date CV.