£63000 - £78000 per annum
5 days ago
As a Senior Manager at this large accountancy practice, you will focus on the delivery of UK financial reporting services to multi-national businesses; providing a high quality, fresh approach tailored to each client's individual needs.
Large accountancy practice, Reading office.
As an Accounts & Financial Reporting Senior Manager you will be responsible for acting as the technical lead for the team, managing advisory projects, servicing a portfolio of clients and supporting Directors and Partners with practice management.
The team are a dedicated team responsible for the delivery of financial statements and advisory services to help clients meet their financial reporting needs. The team focus on the delivery of UK financial reporting services to multi-national businesses; providing a high quality, fresh approach which is tailored to each client's individual needs.
- Act as technical lead for the team, taking responsibility for the delivery of advisory services. Typical projects include assisting clients with changes in accounting requirements, acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and restructurings.
- Act as lead on large, technically complex client assignments. The expectation is that on client assignments this role will be supported by a manager or assistant manager. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the director and partner.
- Responsible for financial measurement, management and maximising profitability on a portfolio of clients.
- Act as a collaborative client manager and apply a managed client approach.
- Develop innovative solutions to the commercial challenges of the client.
- Win work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new AFR and non-AFR clients.
- Participation in people management at local level including resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent overseas qualification.
Extensive working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRSs, including IFRS 9, 15 and 16.
Significant previous experience in a manager or senior manager role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation or audit services to large businesses.
Salary up to £78,000 plus benefits.