Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
3 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Senior Associate required for one of the Big 4 Firms in central Leeds.
Your new company
One of the world's leading accountancy firms seek to appoint a Senior Associate within their Accountancy Services team.
Your new role
The Senior Associate responsibilities will include:
Working on a portfolio of clients/ad hoc projects for the provision of:
- Monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Statutory financial statements.
- Consolidated financial statements.
- Ad hoc secondments to clients to undertake the preparation of year end financial statements and special accounting projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified or part qualified ACA or ACCA with proven experience in professional practice or industry environment.
Candidates must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline environment.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Some knowledge of cross border VAT and P11D issues.
- Awareness of importance of risk management (client acceptance, independence, money laundering) issues.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and good Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Self-motivated and have a willingness to enhance their technical knowledge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.