£42000 - £46250 per annum
11 days ago
International accountancy firm is looking for an Accounting Senior in their new, growing office based in Reading.
International accountancy firm with an office near the station in Reading.
As a qualified Accounting Senior, you will be required to use your previous statutory & management accounts preparation experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of outsourced accounting services.
* Enjoys detailed accounting
* Self-motivated & proactive
* Able to effectively delegate & train more junior members of the team
* Good client service skills
* Controlling all aspects of the accounts fieldwork which includes supervision of part-qualified and other junior members of the accounts team in their work.
* Taking personal responsibility for the completion of client work and passing it to Managers in a timely manner for their final review and sign-off
* Assisting Managers in planning assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard and within budget, with any budget overruns anticipated in advance and reported to a Manager.
* Completing smaller assignments with a minimum of Manager supervision.
* Producing a complete accountancy working paper file with draft accounts for a job that involves incomplete record work.
* Posting sales, purchases, bank and journal entries on the firm's approved accounts package and produce required reports for management account purposes.
* Processing treasury transactions in strict accordance with the Firm's procedures
* Preparing quarterly VAT returns and highlight any unusual items ready for Manager or VAT specialist review.
* Building rapport with client to understand their requirements before starting work and then answering queries promptly and anticipating future requirements.
* Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
* Supervising, training, motivating and developing junior members of staff both on client premises and in the office, and review and appraise work at the end of the assignment.
* Supporting sales and marketing activities and the on-boarding of new clients.
ACA or ACCA Qualified or equivalent
Extensive experience preparing management accounts
Experience of statutory accounts preparation under IFRS and UK Financial Reporting Standards
Experience of using multiple accounting software ideally including Microsoft NAV
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Salary up to £46,250