City of London, London
£100000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
18 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
A market leading, global specialty insurer is looking to recruit an accounting policy manager to report into the CFO in a newly created role. This is a modern, forward thinking business with a diverse and inclusive working culture and a strong focus on work life balance.
Your new role
Reporting to the CFO this role will be responsible for ensuring consistent application of accounting policy across the businesses legal entities. Key duties will include:
- Developing expertise in accounting standards and the impact of the insurance sector - particularly IFRS17
- Be an accounting policy expert and first point of contact for any accounting policy queries.
- Bring consistency in accounting policy, methodologies and assumptions across the legal entities
- Recommend appropriate course of action for all changes in relation to accounting policy
- Ownership and maintenance of adequate controls around accounting policies, methodologies and assumptions
- Maintenance of all regulatory requirements including Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant with proven experience in a similar technical role in industry or within a practice environment. You will have excellent working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP with US GAAP experience highly desirable. You will be able to explain complex, technical accounting terms in a way they can be interpreted, understood and actioned by a range of stakeholders and you will need a working knowledge of Solvency II and the PRA rule-book.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a newly created role, with the autonomy to build and shape things as you see fit. You will gain exposure to senior stakeholders, in a business renowned for developing careers from within.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.