£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Accounting & Business Advisory Manager Job in accountancy practice - ACA ACCA Qualified - Poole Dorset
Your new firm
Working in the Poole office of this international accountancy practice you will be working with a client base split between locally based entrepreneurial businesses and subsidiaries of international groups. Strengths within the client base are in the retail, technology, real estate and hospitality and leisure sectors and there will also be some exposure in the financial services sector.
Your new role
As Accounting & Business Advisory Manager you will be working with a client base that is of very high quality and will be working closely with colleagues in tax and payroll as well as internal and external auditors to deliver solutions to clients. The clients are principally corporate entities or groups who are seeking high quality financial reporting solutions based on agreed reporting deadlines and schedules.
The Accounting and Outsourcing department has two divisions, a Compliance team and a Financial Outsourcing team. The compliance team are responsible for statutory financial reporting and the financial outsourcing team are responsible for the delivery of day to day accounting services. Both teams work together to provide proactive accounting and advisory services to our clients,
Key elements of your new role will be as follows:
- To manage the Compliance team (5), being in charge of a portfolio of clients and ensure the provision of the highest quality financial reporting solutions under the supervision of an engaging Partner and Senior Manager.
- Preparation of the more complex statutory accounts
- Review of all compliance engagements under UK GAAP and IFRS to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards are met.
- Capability to explain complex financial reporting concepts to clients and team members in a pragmatic and easy to access style
- Preparation of corporate tax compliance returns
- Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to clients on repeat and ad hoc areas.
- Work closely with the Financial Outsourcing team across the client base to deliver a joined up, timely service to clients.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be a Qualified ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) accountant with extensive practical accounting & outsourcing experience. Audit experience is preferable along with string management skills, strong organisational sills and experienced in managing more junior members of a team and developing their skills and capabilities.
You will also need to have significant experience of the preparation of UK statutory financial statements, strong business acumen and capacity to influence and convince and strong interpersonal and client handling skills. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with knowledge of cloud accounting and experience with Sage, Xero and other software providers and strong Excel numerical and IT skills.
If you have previous experience of Alphatax and/or Caseware this would be an advantage but is not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive market rate salary and a wide array of benefits, many of which can be flexed to your individual requirements. You will be given all the support you need to further your career and keep up to date with your CPD.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.