£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 days ago
Our Client is a family owned private property investment and development company. The company currently manages a property portfolio with significant potential for further growth within the M4 corridor and Thames Valley. The portfolio consists of commercial, industrial and some residential properties.
The Role gives a great opportunity for an able Accountant / Bookkeeper to work within a small and dynamic team. The candidate will have total responsibility of the finance function and report directly to the Managing Director. The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Producing quarterly management accounts.
- Providing all supporting commentary for the group.
- Preparing supporting schedules for year-end statutory accounts.
- Preparing service charge accounts and performing the reconciliations.
- Producing service charge budgets.
- Preparing VAT returns and filing with HMRC.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparing development project financial appraisals and progress reporting.
- Processing all bank payments and receipts.
- Reviewing all purchase invoices for approval by Managing Director.
- Overseeing the payroll and processing staff expense claims.
- Managing the workplace pension.
- Preparing quarterly management charges.
- Preparing of annual accounts for Charity Trust.
The Person will be ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or qualified by experience; ideally with prior experience of working within the real estate sector (but not essential), be self-motivated and comfortable working in a small but growing business. The applicant will be the main person overseeing the full finance function and therefore should be a' hands-on' accountant. The person should be able to communicate effectively and deal with high-level strategic accounting as well as day to day bookkeeping. Candidates must have experience working with property accounting systems such as Propman, QUBE, Tramps or similar and a confident Excel user. This is a very good opportunity for someone to work for a stable property investment company.
They will consider applicants who are looking for a part-time role.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook