£40000 - £45000 per annum
16 days ago
0 - 1 Month
Accountant / Bookkeeper (Part-time) - Real Estate. Our Client is a family owned private property investment and development company. The company currently manages a property portfolio with significant potential for further growth within the M4 corridor and Thames Valley. The portfolio consists of commercial, industrial and some residential properties.
The Role gives a great opportunity for an able Accountant/Bookkeeper to work within a small and dynamic team. The candidate will have total responsibility of the finance function and report directly to the Managing Director. The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Producing quarterly management accounts.
- Providing all supporting commentary for the group.
- Preparing supporting schedules for year-end statutory accounts.
- Preparing service charge accounts and performing the reconciliations.
- Preparing VAT returns and filing with HMRC.
- Managing the credit control function.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparing development project financial appraisals and progress reporting.
- Processing all bank payments and receipts.
- Reviewing all purchase invoices for approval by Managing Director.
- Overseeing the payroll and processing staff expense claims.
- Managing the workplace pension
- Preparing quarterly management charges.
- Preparing of annual accounts for Charity Trust.
The Person will be ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or qualified by experience ideally with prior experience of working within the real estate sector (but not essential), be self-motivated and comfortable working in a small but growing business. The applicant will be the main person overseeing the full finance function and therefore should be a hands-on accountant- the person should be able to communicate effectively and deal with high-level strategic accounting as well as day to day bookkeeping. Candidates must have experience working with property accounting systems such as Propman, QUBE, Tramps or similar and a confident Excel user. This is a very good opportunity for someone to work for a stable property investment company.
Please only apply if you are looking for a part-time role (3/4 days a week).
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook