Accountant - Client Manager - Small business unit
|Job Title:||Accountant - Client Manager - Small business unit|
|Location:||South West London|
|Salary:||£40,000+ depending on experience|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2019 16:29|
Z group is a forward thinking, client centric multidisciplinary ABS based in South West London.
Priding itself on joined up thinking, the firm currently offer a wide range of accounting, legal and architecture services to OMB’s and individuals across London.
Recognising the increasing needs of SME’s to have regular, solid accounting and business advisory support well over and above the annual statutory accounts, we are recruiting for two forward thinking, client focused accountants to look after a growing portfolio of exciting OMB’s in a variety of business sectors.
You will be technology savvy and familiar with working with cloud based accounting tools to create efficient solutions for the client, and for the firm, ensuring that client work is completed to an excellent standard at all times.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in shaping a modern, cloud based, accounting department and help build a formula one team of finance professionals providing critical support to growing businesses.
You will be working with the senior management team to create processes and systems that deliver excellence, as well as developing and improving products to add value to the work we do for our clients.
You will be involved in creating and monitoring training programmes as well as taking an active role in the recruitment process.
You will deliver client advisory work, attend quarterly meetings, provide narrative on management accounts and review year end work before it is passed to our compliance team.
- Main point of contact for clients, assisting with all elements of accounting need
- Liaising with other departments to ensure efficient and excellent service
- Managing deadlines and client expectations
- Handling and resolving client complaints
- Introducing new service lines to add value to clients
- Delegating and training junior team member including reviewing bookkeeping and VAT
- Helping to develop systems and processes for internal use
- Building strong relationships
- Producing & discussing management accounts and MI with the team and with clients
- Dividend and straightforward tax planning
- Reviewing and preparation of working papers
- Managing & improving accounts processes, including bookkeeping, MI, software options
- Excellent attention to detail & ability to spot anomalies and inconsistencies in data
- PQE proven technical experience in a practice environment
- You will be proficient in the use of:
- Sage 50
- Microsoft Excel
- It would be advantageous to have worked with cloud reporting and cash flow software
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified
- Minimum 3 years PQE
- QBE considered
Attitude & Personality
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, enthusiastic and a personable professional with strong attention to detail, the highest standards of integrity and will be dedicated to providing an outstanding service to clients.
You will be process driven, have very good commercial awareness and excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be a team player who enjoys working in an environment that is relaxed yet deadline focused.
You will operate well under pressure, be flexible, adaptable, and willing to ‘muck-in’ to help this practice achieve our goals.
You will commit to promoting development and understanding in both clients and your team.
References will be required
Salary 40+ Neg. DOE
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Client Manager
Private Client Senior
55000 - 55000 UKP per year
City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
£45000 - £50000 per annum