£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
17 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
ACA/ACCA ASSISTANT MANAGER - WEST END, LONDON - ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE - £40000 - £50000 PER ANNUM
Your new company
This well established and well known accountancy firm (founded 30 years ago) in Central London are looking for an qualified accountant to join the accounting team. This firm have a range of clients from various sectors but have high profile clients in music, media and entertainment. charities and not for profit organisations.
Your new role
You will be an experienced and qualified practice accountant reporting to Managers/Seniors and Partners. In the role you will take ownership of the day to day responsibility for managing all aspects of the Partners' diverse client portfolios, by working successfully with the current managers, with the long term goal of managing and developing your own portfolio in time. The main responsibilities of the role include but may not be limited to:-
- Full review of both statutory accounts and disclosures under FRS102 1A
- Review Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) reliefs
- Keeping the relevant managers and partners updated on the progress of jobs on a regular basis
- Acting as the main point of contact for a number of clients
- Liaising with the tax department to ensure that they have all information required to prepare tax computations and returns
- Managing WIP, billing and recoverability
- Reviewing monthly billing and make sure that the team is hitting its monthly targets
- Supervising/overseeing work conducted by junior London and offshore staff, providing training and guidance on a regular basis to upskill and improve the technical knowledge of the team
- 'Managing' managers and partners expectations by prompting action where necessary
- Overseeing the scheduling and workflows on each of the jobs, ensuring all deadlines and targets are met
- Highlighting any delivery issues and suggesting approach to rectify
- Preparing ad-hoc specials such as cash flow forecasts for business investment ventures
What you'll need to succeed
As a minimum it will be expected that you have Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent attention to detail in all of your work. You will have the ability to manage your own time and workload in accordance with those deadlines dictated by the managers and partners. Overall you will have a good working ethic and will be a team player. In terms of professional qualifications, ideally you will be ACCA/ACA ICAEW qualified with previous experience in an accountancy practice.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified practice accountant wanting to develop their career in accountancy, working within the firms hugely personable, supportive and experienced team, you will be given the chance to gain that all-important experience by assisting in the management of a partners portfolio from start to finish. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as joining a really friendly team and excellent firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.