|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Curtis|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 18:13|
Excellent Accountant Job in Sheffield - Up to £30k
Your new company
A well established and successful business based in South Yorkshire looking to add an experienced Accountant to their already well established team reporting to the General Manager.
Your new role
You will be working closely with the General Manager to ensure that the month end reporting process is timely and correct. You will also be working closely with stakeholders to ensure that budgets and forecasting are done in a way that supports departments and the business overall.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Preparation of accurate period accounts and other management information as necessary for review with various departments
* Control of the site's budgeting process including department reviews, reviews with GM and submission to and subsequent review with FD.
* Management of the weekly sales & profit analysis
* To control all cash and credit revenues of the business, and to ensure the banking of all receipts in accordance with company instructions
* Complete bank reconciliations for all accounts
* Sales ledgers are to be accurate and outstanding debts pursued in line with company policy
* To manage the stocktaking process, the reporting of variances and recommendation of solutions
* To develop cost control processes that add value to business efficiency
* To ensure that expenditure is controlled in accordance with guidelines and all other items / materials are within
budget to maximise profit
* To manage weekly & monthly supplier payments runs and ensure creditors are paid in a timely manner
* Maintain the companies Fixed Asset Register
* Assist in the production of the annual year end file for presentation to the external accountants
* Be the lead point of contact as part of the annual audit by the external accountants
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to qualified by experience coupled with 3-5 years' experience in a similar role. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate good judgement skills showing sound and logical decision making, and a hands-on approach. You will have a track record in accounts, and be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. You will have a positive can do attitude.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a well experienced finance professional with a highly competitive salary of up to £30,000 and package dependant on experience and skillset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£200.00 - £220.00 per day
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£15.00 - £18.00 per hour
£300.00 - £350.00 per day
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Bonus, Bens