City of London, London
£47000 - £52000 per annum + Benefits
16 days ago
ACA/ACCA - Senior Associate Finance - Real Estate Funds - OUR CLIENT are one of the biggest and most successful property investors within Real Estate. They hold a significant portfolio of assets which are worth over £multi-billion and under management across different sectors in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. They are now looking for a Senior Associate to join their Property Fund Finance team who will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, etc.
THE ROLE of the successful candidate for the Senior Associate role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing of quarterly financial reporting and disclosures under IFRS and FRS102 for submission to the Group Finance team.
- Preparing and providing data and financial reporting to their services group and Group finance teams to support compliance with Solvency II.
- Preparing and reviewing of consolidation reporting for submission and quarterly investor returns (trial balances) for, and assistance with responding to investor queries.
- Reviewing of monthly investor returns (trial balances) prepared by Associate.
- Preparing of statutory accounts, under local GAAP, for companies involved in the holding and management of property assets.
- Preparing of finance reports and appendices for board meetings.
- Providing information and explanations to internal and external auditors as well as to the Group Tax team and assisting them in meeting tax compliance and other reporting requirements.
- Maintaining of books and records, using their Property Management System, in accordance with team procedures and controls.
- Operating and documenting of monthly and quarterly financial controls, including challenging numbers and detailed analytical review.
- Reviewing of work on international investments performed by Financial Accountant, including provision of coaching and guidance.
- Reviewing of statutory accounts prepared by external parties.
- Liaising with outsourced property managers to ensure accuracy of property level data for use in accounting returns.
- Liaising with other parties involved in the end-to-end operating model to ensure business processes are designed, implemented and operated to support the requirements of the financial reporting processes.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects covering various elements of the work of the Property Fund Finance team.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be recently ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) and should have previous experience of preparing Financial accounts and statements and ideally statutory and Property financial accounts. The candidate must have strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS. To apply, you must have good communication skills both verbal and written as you will be liaising with internal/external parties on a daily basis. The successful candidate must have strong analytic skills in order to understand a range of financial data. This role will give the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development with excellent prospects.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook