14 days ago
We work closely with clients to support them through any negotiations with HM Revenue and Customs, as well as provide advice on related issues, including accounting or structuring issues, including areas such as advising on the location of R&D operations or other global projects to ensure R&D incentives are optimised in other territories outside the UK.
Our London based R&D team has been growing steadily and has an impressive portfolio of blue chip clients across all sectors, including oil and gas, technology, engineering and financial services.
The IIG team is passionate about helping our clients to obtain the incentives available to support their investment in innovation and new technologies and this is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic London team
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is
- Passionate about science and technology.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently and knowledgeably with PwC staff and partners at all levels across the business, as well as with senior client management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong internal networks and client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of successful client management
- Efficiently planning and delivering work, taking responsibility for budgeting, resourcing, billing and compliance and demonstrating an awareness of risk management issues and managing own workload.
- Taking advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively
- Proven team-management experience and being a team player
- Ability to think creatively to solve client needs
- Delivering quality work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships
- Developing and applying a high level of skills, knowledge and standards and staying current with technology and industry trends
- Demonstrating leadership, modifying behaviours to work effectively with others, respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives
- Promptly addressing problems, challenging the questionable behaviour of others and maintaining standards of professionalism
About the role
In this role you’ll
- Work on a portfolio of clients with involvement in managing project delivery
- Involvement in identifying qualifying R&D projects and making technical assessments in line with HMRC R&D tax relief guidelines
- Interaction with clients’ senior technical and engineering staff in order to understand the range of activities undertaken and how these meet the R&D guidelines
- Drafting technical project narratives to support the qualifying R&D activities
- Preparation of R&D claims for submission to HMRC
- Project managing client engagements and developing strong relationships
- Preparing responses to or liaising with HMRC with regard to queries they have on R&D claims on behalf of our clients
- Preparing advice to clients on tax credits
- Helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in pitching for work
Essential skills and experience
- STEM based degree
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the UK R&D tax incentive regimes including involvement in SME and RDEC claims
- Appreciation of different claim methodologies and experience of industry specific issues
- Strong technical abilities, combined with business acumen
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce technical and costing documentation to ensure the submission of robust and eligible claims to HM Revenue and Customs
- A successful candidate must be a strong team player, able to efficiently manage working on a portfolio of clients and make a strong contribution to the delivery of high quality R&D claims, develop and maintain strong client relationships and act as a “trusted advisor” to clients.